The short answer is ‘yes!’ Do not go to court alone. Your case will be more successful with the help of an experienced personal-injury attorney. The laws governing injury cases in New York State can be confusing and complicated for people without legal education and training. As the accident victim, you should focus on recovering from your injuries and leave the legal work to the professionals.
Top 10 Reasons to Hire a NYC Personal Injury Attorney like Blake Goldfarb:
- Experience: top personal-injury lawyers know the law and know what they have to prove in order to win your case! Personal-injury attorneys also know the dirty tricks that the insurance companies use to cheat injury victims out of money, and they know how to beat them at their own game.
- Contingency-fee agreement: you only pay a legal fee if you win your case. There is no financial risk to hiring a personal-injury attorney — if you lose your case, you do not pay your lawyer anything.
- Lawsuits are expensive: personal-injury claims can be very expensive to pursue. There are filing fees, fees for medical experts, investigators, accident re-constructionists and other professionals. Very few injury victims can afford to pay these fees and costs as they go. Your personal-injury lawyer will invest in your case and will front your expenses for you.
- Professional investigation and case preparation: gathering evidence like pictures, videos, accident reports and witness statements are integral to proving and winning your case. An established personal-injury firm engages in extensive investigative work and hires experts like medical professionals, accident re-constructionists and others to win your case.
- Credibility: hiring a top-rated attorney will often get the insurance company’s attention and legitimize your case. If you represent yourself, the defendant’s attorneys will assume they can take advantage of you. On the other hand, if you are represented by a reputable attorney, they know what they are up against and are likely to start with a much higher settlement offer which can lead to a speedier resolution and much higher payout for you.
- Knowing when or when not to settle: you may need or want to get paid quickly. In your desperation, you may jump at a first settlement offer which is way too low. Your attorney will know if a settlement offer is fair and worth going for, or if you should hold out for a larger amount.
- In case of trial: you will want a smart lawyer on your side. The courtroom isn’t a place for the inexperienced. Jurors or a judge deciding your case expect to hear from a compelling and persuasive attorney vigorously advocating on your behalf.
- Perspective: as an injury victim, emotions can often get the better of you. The law will not bend to your emotions, morals or sense of fairness. You may be prone to put your personal sense of right and wrong and your emotions above the legal technicalities. That could cost you. Your case can be thrown out if you make a procedural error, no matter how much you deserve compensation.
- Knowing how much money to ask for: is a professional judgment best made by your attorney. You can easily ask for far too little or far too much in monetary damages. Your lawyer works with the right experts to make a realistic estimate of your past and future damages that will fairly and accurately compensate you and hold up to scrutiny.
- You need to focus on yourself and getting well: your time and energy should go into healing. Personal-injury claims involve a lot of paperwork, deadlines and so much more. Your personal-injury lawyer will take that burden off of you so that you can focus on yourself and your family.
Hire Mr. Blake today. Call him toll-free at 1-844-672-5253 or email him at email@example.com for your free consultation. There is no fee unless you recover money for your case.